Print Services Recommendations

Subject: Print Services Recommendations
From: "Lyda Woods" <lyda -at- trapezo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:21:47 -0700

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for good print services to print my 65 page
User Guide at a reasonable rate. I would like to understand better the
differences/similarities in the following areas:

b/w and color docutech vs. offset vs. photocopy

binding vs. binders (or why is binding more expensive than binders!?)

Also, how do experienced writers distinguish good printers from not so good
ones? What are the tales from the trenches?

I'm based in San Francisco - is it best to use a local printer?

Thanks!!

Lyda Woods
Senior Technical Writer
Trapezo