Re: A curious Word problem

Subject: Re: A curious Word problem
From: rvantour -at- mondenet -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu Oct 26 12:36:46 EDT 2000

<<A colleague of mine has encounter a curious problem with Word 97 SP2.
When she adds an index entry, Shift-Alt-X, the Mark Index Entry dialog is displayed. However, when she types in the Main Entry or Sub Entry fields, her typing is not displayed. Curious, no? Further, when she runs the index, lo and behold, the "invisible" entry is added to the index just fine.>>

Finally, someone else! I had the same problem, except I could see just the tops of each character. The index compiled fine. It was as if the cursor was sitting 3/4 of a line lower than it should have been for the Main Entry and Subentry fields. Luckily, I only suffered with this problem for a short time on a contract. I tested it on a number of computers but mine was the only one with the problem.

I am also interested in opinions on this curiousity.

Rick Vantour
rvantour -at- mondenet -dot- com

Sent through the Mondenet Technical Services Inc.
Web-based Email Reader Ebarua
http://ebarua.mondenet.com/