TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Hey, Whirlers, my Adobe problem is SOLVED!! Thanks to Katherine,
here.... I found the CORRECT pdf template... (I had the PDFMakerA
instead...). I just distilled my doc, and I'm in bidness!!!! blessings to
you, Kate, and to all..... you've come through yet again!!! thanks a
> Regards. Nancy McDonald
Katherine Skilton says > Here's how to reinstall the icon into
> Set up Word's Normal.dot file to list the icon:
1. Choose Tools > Templates And Add-Ins.
2. In the Global Templates And Add-ins list, enable PDFMaker.dot.
(Make sure not to enable PDFMakerA.dot instead.)
3. Click Organizer.
4. Click the Toolbars tab.
5. Choose Normal.dot file from the Toolbars Available In pop-up menu
on the left.
6. Click the Close File button on the right. The button changes to
an Open File button.
7. Click the Open File button.
8. Navigate to Program files/Adobe4.0\Macros\Office97\Startup
folder, select the PDFMaker.dot file, and click Open. (Make sure not to
select the PDFMakerA.dot file in the Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat
9. Select PDFMaker 4.0 from the In PDFMaker.dot list on the right.
10. Click the Copy button in the center of the dialog box to add
PDFMaker 4.0 to the Normal.dot file.
11. Click Close. Tell me if this helps?
Your web site localized into 32 languages? Maybe not now, but sooner than
you think. Download ForeignExchange's FREE paper, "3 steps to successful
translation management" at http://www.fxtrans.com/3steps.html?tw.
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.