Re: The Question of the Week!

Subject: Re: The Question of the Week!
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:11:25 -0700 (PDT)

> What changes do you find occuring in your role as a
> Technical Writer as
> documentation moves from paper to online?

No change. I'm still a jack of all trades around here.
As far as changes in writing, well, not all that much.
Still the same ol' same ol' with the exception that
content needs to be arranged for online rather than a
sheet of paper.

Of note - there is no move FROM paper TO online really
going on in most situations - even PDF is, for all
intensive purposes, print (and I can argue this one to
death, legitimately). There is more of a move to
INCLUDE online as a delivery medium.

=====
Bill Swallow
Technical Writer