Associating PDF with Acrobat Reader

Subject: Associating PDF with Acrobat Reader
From: womanblu -at- earthlink -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 11:16:56 -0700

I recently sent our chapter newsletter in PDF format to our members. Everyone
was able to open the file, with the exception of two people.

One person said that he received the following error:
this is not a realaudio player document, OK (button).
Then he clicked okay and the dialogue box closed.

The other person said that when she tried to open the PDF file, the computer
tried to open it in Wordpad.

I'm pretty sure I understand what the problem is, that their computers are just
associating the file with the wrong program. I just haven't run into the problem
before and don't know the procedures to give them that will associate the file
with Acrobat reader.

Can anyone tell me what the procedures are, so that I can pass it on to these
people?

I would sincerely appreciate the assistance!

Best wishes,

Jeana Hines