TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question From:Deborah Ray <debray -at- raycomm -dot- com> To:"TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com> Date:Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:03:42 -0700
Michele Davis wrote:
> What about a bullet item that is "writing"? We only were able to choose
> "massaging other's content," but some of us actually write from scratch and
> that's what we enjoy.
Whoops! In my earlier message, I inadvertently forgot
to include this bullet point:
* Drafting, structuring, or developing content.
The complete poll is this:
What is your favorite part about being a
* Planning (e.g., initial research, estimating)
* Interviewing and working with SMEs
* Working with others on the docs team
* Experimenting with the product you are documenting
* Drafting, structuring, or developing content
* Editing or massaging content provided by others
* Doing DTP, illustrations, or page design
* Using new software (e.g., for Web page design)
* Navigating corporate political issues
* Other/none of the above
Your web site localized into 32 languages? Maybe not now, but sooner than
you think. Download ForeignExchange's FREE paper, "3 steps to successful
translation management" at http://www.fxtrans.com/3steps.html?tw.
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.