Re: Moving from MS Outlook 97 to Lotus notes R5

Subject: Re: Moving from MS Outlook 97 to Lotus notes R5
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 06:12:50 -0800 (PST)

Notes is infinately more powerful than Outlook. Scripting, workflow,
databases, knowledgebases, group collaboration, surveys, discussion
boards, etc.

If you are looking for a mail reader, than Outlook wins. If you are
looking for an information management environment, Notes walks away.

I had a contract at a "Known-Name" company, in a department with 70
Notes programmers. Program is deep. Don't fight it...embrace it.

--- Yaacov Garber <ygarber -at- e-and-c -dot- com> wrote:
> My company is switching from MS Outlook 97 to Lotus notes R5. The
> primary
> reason is for tracking and threading product development
> documentation.
> At this time I am very UNimpressed with Lotus notes.
> Any comments from people who have gone through the same thing would
> be appreciated.
> I am looking for:
> * Comfort in the chaotic world of Lotus notes.
> * Light at the end of the tunnel (if there is any).
> * Arguments I can present to the bosses who have already shelled
> out the money for this disaster.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-259-2874

What hair color do they put on the driver's
licenses of bald men?

>From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
http://experts.yahoo.com/

TECH*COMM 2000 Conference, Help Technology Conference, and more
http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230