RE: Context-sensitive Webhelp, really basic questions. or are the y?

Subject: RE: Context-sensitive Webhelp, really basic questions. or are the y?
From: "Adrianne L. Sessions" <asessions -at- oxmol -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:10:08 -0500

Kandis,

This is an update to the question I posted a few weeks ago asking if anyone
successfully created context sensitive WebHelp for the Mac. Since then, I
have given my programmers the WebHelp files I converted using my existing
WinHelp files for the Windows version of our software. Low and behold, I
received a version of the Mac software that had the Webhelp working!
Needless to say I was a bit surprised.

This is how it works on the Mac:

While in a dialog box, the user right clicks in a field to display a Help
menu. Clicking on the Help menu brings up a window with the context
sensitive help topic for that field. It's not a popup window as it was in
the Windows help. It's a full-size window. We were pressed for time and for
now the big window will have to do. I'll be looking into the cosmetics when
I get a chance.

What we haven't done is implemented this WebHelp for the Windows version of
the software. We are currently still using the WinHelp files. Also, when I
did the conversion of my original help files, I maintained 95% of my
formatting and all of my bitmaps were converted to .gif files. I used
Robohelp and the Single Source option (not RoboHTML) to convert the files.

Adrianne