Re: giving writing advice

Subject: Re: giving writing advice
From: "Herman Holtz" <h -dot- holtz -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:02:39 -0500

> One I howled over was the letter from the editor of a US West Coast
> newspaper telling a Mr. R. Kipling not to submit again until he'd learned
> to write clearly and gramattically.

Not so unusual a happening. JFK remarked that he'd known all his life to
not trust experts, when he reflected on the expert guidance he'd gotten on
the Bay of Pigs fiasco. There are many tales of best-selling books turned
down repeatedly before the author's stubborness produced a brilliant
success. Gone With the Wind is only one example, and Chicken Soup for the
Soul is another, but the import is the same: To succeed as a writer, you
must have faith in yourself and your work, and you must have the fortitude
to press on and refuse to be beaten. - Herm

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230