Re: localized.....

Subject: Re: localized.....
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 12:28:33 -0800 (PST)

> MOS tells me that I should avoid the term
> "localized,"
> but I'm not sure what other term I can use in this
> situation.

"employee's own language" works for me as well.

Also, please remember that the MS MOS is ONE COMPANY's
style guide. Sure, many people base their style on MS,
which makes sense when defining application elements,
but don't let one company's style guide decide what
you should and should not do outside the boundary of
its primary scope. Exercise some freedom of choice. If
you can make a valid case for something, go with it.

I personally see nothing wrong with the term
"localized", but you have to weigh its impact on your
readers for yourself.

=====
Bill Swallow
Technical Writer