RE: TN Visa requirements

Subject: RE: TN Visa requirements
From: Kathrene Petersen <kpetersen -at- excalib -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 13:12:04 -0800

I just picked up on this tread. I'm a Canadian from Toronto, currently
residing in San Diego working as a Technical Writer on a TN visa (and paying
US taxes).

There are a couple of good web-sites with Visa information. Though many
serious full-time employers will guide you through the visa process, here
are a couple of very good sites if you want to seek information
independently:

http://www.grasmick.com/
http://www.usimmigrationlaw.net/

For information about professions covered under NAFTA / TN visas, see
http://www.grasmick.com/nafta.htm and choose the Requirements link.

There are also other types of visas that may apply (depending on your
situation).

Kathrene