Re: Excel question

Subject: Re: Excel question
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 16:00:29 -0500

Jean Cooper wrote:

> I hope this is an easy question:
>
> How can I change a column of text data from lowercase to all-caps? (Other
> than re-typing it, of course.) I know in Word you just highlight the
> selection and then hit Shift-F3. But I can't find any way of doing it in
> Excel.
>
> Can anyone help?

All you need to do is find an empty column and enter this formula in
that column without the quotes. =UPPER() the space between the
parentheses should reference the cell that you wish to convert to
uppercase. Just copy that formula down the entire empty column. Then
select the new column that you have just created and do a copy and paste
special | "values." These instructions work for XL 2000, I have not
tested them with another version however it should be the same.
Alternatively, you could write a VBA macro to search through the entire
spreadsheet and convert all instances of lowercase to uppercase. You may
then assign the macro to a key.

HTH

--
Peter

There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved
promptly, and to the satisfaction of all concerned,
by either suicide, a bag of gold,
or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night.
Ernest Bramah (Kai Lung stories)

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230