RE: Are Zip drives obsolete?

Subject: RE: Are Zip drives obsolete?
From: "Wally Glassett" <wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:35:41 -0800

In a word, No. They are still making them. However, their efficacy or
functionality is probably on the decline, but, IMO, that is due more to the
rise of high speed internet access rather than to CDRW technology. I have
had and used portable and internal Zip drives for about 5 years. Mainly to
move files to/from different machines that are not networked, like between
home and office, or to archive old files. I have never had a Zip disk or
drive fail on me, but I usually keep multiple backups of the really
important stuff just in case. Installing the Zip software just for
transferring files is easy and reliable, even across multiple platforms.
That is not, yet, true for CD software.

Wally Glassett
Tech Doc-It, Inc.
wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net <mailto:wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net>
(707) 769-9418

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230