RE: Canadian Ballots (was RE: Florida ballot)

Subject: RE: Canadian Ballots (was RE: Florida ballot)
From: "Barbara Stuhlemmer" <barbara -at- wanware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:22:25 -0500

>I'm Canadian. I think we still do it with paper ballots and
>a pencil. I'm not sure. I'm no longer able to suspend
>morality in order to cast a vote, so I'm out-of-date on
>the technicalities.

Ontario just finished its municipal elections yesterday. The city I live in
(Barrie) is the only city that does it's ballots electronically. It sure
makes counting ballots easy, they just deliver the hard drive from the
electronic ballot box to the counting station and wah-la, instant tally. I
don't know if it makes tampering with votes any easier, but I don't think
there is enough interest in the mayoral positions to justify that kind of
effort.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230