Re: beyond RoboHELP

Subject: Re: beyond RoboHELP
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:03:12 -0800 (PST)

> Just curious....how many of you would say that
> RoboHELP is an essential part of your job? How
> often
> do you use it, now, and in the past?

Haven't used it in 4 years. Used it to develop
WinHelp. Then my focus changed to Tech Writing (for
print) for a while. When it came time to go back to
online publishing and Help, I went with WebWorks
Publisher.

RoboHelp is a strong tool, but I don't see it as "The
Industry Standard" anymore. Many doc shops are moving
to tools far more powerful than Word. IMHO, eHelp
needs to work on some compatability issues in order to
compete down the road.

As for price, well, most of the tools out there are
around the same price. You could go with cheaper
solutions, but they tend to not be as robust or as
usable as the "mainstream" tools.

FWIW...

=====
Bill Swallow