RE: tech writer bookshelf

Subject: RE: tech writer bookshelf
From: "Mason, Catheryn" <CMason -at- InfinitecNetworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:56:00 -0600

In addition to Hackos (which seems to be a sort of bible for many of us),
the Larry Bonura book that Michele mentioned (The Art of Indexing), the
Microsoft Manual of Style, and the Chicago Manual of Style, my bookshelf
contains the following titles:
-- Haydon, Leslie M.: The Complete Guide to Writing and Producing Technical
Manuals
-- Tarutz, Judith A.: Technical Editing: The Practical Guide for Editors and
Writers
-- Blake, Gary and Robert W. Bly: The Elements of Technical Writing

Other related books include Hackos and Redish, and Ben Shneiderman, on user
interface design, Jeffery Rubin's Handbook of Usability Testing, and
Microsoft's Windows User Experience. The rest of my reference books are
specialized for my current field (telecommunications).

Catheryn Mason, Technical Writer
Infinitec Networks
cmason -at- infinitecnetworks -dot- com
Winner, 1999 IABC Bronze Quill Award of Excellence for Technical Writing
Winner, 2000 IABC Silver Quill Award of Merit for Technical Writing
Winner, 2000 IABC Bronze Quill Award of Merit for Technical Writing

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230