moving on (Win My Money was Re: ADMIN: FYI)

Subject: moving on (Win My Money was Re: ADMIN: FYI)
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:48:56 -0800 (PST)

"Stephen D. Martin" <stpats -at- storm -dot- ca> wrote:
Sorry, but this is my second (and last) gasp for
the gipper here before I go back into lurk mode for

a while. I received eight responses to my recent
post on this topic. Out of those eight responses,
5 of them were a good slap on the back, 2 of them
were from Eric Dunn and Bill Swallow, and 1 of them

I'm not sure about, but it seemed positive.

Before I get into my reply, I would first like to say
that I started drafting this reply several times. I
drafted several private replies, but then thought
"why?". And thus begins my point:

Why the public summary? Why did you strip the names
off those who stroked your ego and included the names
of the folks you disagree with? Why did you feel the
need to single some of us out? And finally, why do you
think we care about the responses you received?

Let's use this community (that is what this list is)
constructively, shall we? Within a community, you have
those who agree and those who disagree. You have those
who stroke your ego and those who smash it to pieces.
You have those who agree with your every word and you
have those who constantly challenge the way you think.
Arguing about how we should act is flat out stupid,
and you're stupid for doing it. Did I just say that?
Of course I did! I'm speaking my mind and challenging
the way you think! So let's agree to disagree that we
should be allowed to disagree, or whatever that once
valid though now lost pint was.

We can learn alot from British comedy...

GET ON WITH IT!

=====
Bill Swallow
Technical Writer