Re: Job Description Needed

Subject: Re: Job Description Needed
From: "Donn S Le Vie, Jr." <dlevie -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:10:49 -0600

With all due courtesies and respect, this list (and other similar ones)
receives these requests from time to time, and without knowing <<anything>>
about your company, your products, your organization, how your tech
pubs/documentation fits in the business model (is it in marketing or
engineering?), customers, and other processes, all we can do is offer you
some very general suggestions that you've probably already thought of. In
the end, you are in the best position to determine what the requirements are
for the manager position...not a group of people who are unfamiliar with the
above-mentioned factors.

I would first suggest checking the archives of this list to see if there's a
thread that addresses your need; second, I would check out the STC
Management SIG, which I'm sure has some job description archives you can

Donn Le Vie