Re: UNIX Command Line Help

Subject: Re: UNIX Command Line Help
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 07:10:15 -0800 (PST)

I assume that what you are thinking of is something called MAN pages.
As an example, at your UNIX prompt, enter MAN MAN

What you are doing is asking for help on MAN.

OTOH, try doing a web search for UNIX + MAN

You will get links like this:

http://www.scripps.edu/~mnguyen/unix_man1.html
http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/htbin/man.cgi

--- bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com wrote:
> Can anybody point me in the right direction for information about
> creating command line (not HTML) help files for UNIX?
>
> I've searched the Techwr-L archives, and all I found there was
> information about online help.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer,
in process of looking for next contract effective 1/1/01.

"I'm not flying. I'm falling...with style."
-- Buzz Lightyear

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230