Re: Referring to on-line help from printed manuals

Subject: Re: Referring to on-line help from printed manuals
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:30:38 -0800

hedley_finger -at- myob -dot- com -dot- au wrote:

> Has anybody experienced manual/help combinations where, to get the full
> picture, you had to refer from the manual to the help?

Yes, and it's a good example of how not to do it: my laptop has
instructions about what to do when the battery's dead in a help
file, not in the printed manual.

Honestly. My imagination can't possibly keep up with reality enough
to invent something like this.

Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux
604.421.7189 bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com

"If religion is the opium of the people, then TV is the heroin."
- Kev Carmody