Re: "Snag It"

Subject: Re: "Snag It"
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 06:25:57 -0500

A major advantage is that you can work on the graphic, not just plop it into
a document. We find ourselves having to constantly rework graphics. We lower
the color count to save disk space, eliminate backgrounds, cut out
particular buttons or icons for textual use, add text to fields that didn't
have it when the graphic was shot. If you have the graphics saved in a
useful format, you can do a great deal more than you can if they're
imprisoned in some document or other. You can reuse the graphics in other
places, both within the same document and in separate ones. Here we don't
view screen shots as decoration, but as integral parts of the document,
deserving of their own attention and refinement.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar(TM) System
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
Check our Web site for the upcoming Clustar class info
http://www.simplywritten.com