RE: MS Word Delimma

Subject: RE: MS Word Delimma
From: "George Hinman" <techwriter -at- my-deja -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 05:33:18 -0800

>From: chasity mcwilliams <chas -at- fcs -dot- uga -dot- edu>

>Now I am working with margins. The
>margins on the first page of any main document have to be
>set as follows:
>
>Top 1.75
>Left 1.5
>Right 1.0
>Bottom 1.0
>
>For all subsequent pages, the top margin has to be 1.0. In
>the past students got around this by creating their first
>page and printing it separately. However, now all students
>are required to submit their documents electronically,
>meaning they can only submit one main document (The
>abstracts, copyrights, etc can be submitted separately). Is
>there a way to do this without involving other software?

This is where you use the Section Break. You must decide whether to have continuous section breaks, start them on the next page, or next odd or even page. Regardless of which type you choose, you can now specify a different page setup for each section. I assume that you will initially want at least two section breaks. Setup your page for the first page, and then insert a section break starting on "next page". That next page, and subsequent pages can have any
kind of page setup you desire. You don't need another section break unless you are going to change the page setup again, or apply special formatting limited to a particular section. Look at "section breaks" in the online help.

regards
George Hinman
techwriter -at- my-deja -dot- com

Before you buy.