RE: SnagIt and PaintShop Pro

Subject: RE: SnagIt and PaintShop Pro
From: Ken Bowes <KBowes -at- dacg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:54:08 -0600

Well, for a start, one doesn't have to work with two different programs.
Snagit also has built in menus (templates) that allow you to make changes to
the screen capture, such as add comments, arrows, highlights etc. right
there.

I am still playing with the program, however, I have been able to progress
further in the few hours since I downloaded it than I was able to do with
all the combined might of, Paintshop pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Paint,
MS Photo Editor and PrtScrn combined during several weeks work.

I am not totally inept using the above mentioned programs, but most of them
cannot be described as "user friendly". The same cannot be said of SnagIt.
As soon as I started to use SnagIt, I didn't have to wonder what convoluted
steps I might have to take to get the result I wanted. I just hit capture
and there it was. (Ok, I did have to adjust a couple of settings, but these
were very obvoius, and did what was anticipated.)

Overall, using this program, I get a sense of confidence that I can
accomplish the task I set out to do. IMO, a very rare occourance in todays
ever more complicated software environment.

Ken Bowes

<From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
How is this any different from what you can do with the most basic of tools:
the "PrtScn" button and Microsoft Paint?

I've done both of these tasks with those recently.>

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230