Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: "techwr-l owner" <techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
To: <archive -at- raycomm -dot- com>

You received this message because you're a subscriber to
list members to help underwrite the costs of the list (just
as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal underwrite the
costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...

* ANNOUNCE: GIVE A UNIQUE GIFT THIS YEAR!
* ANNOUNCE: HyperSnap-DX 4 is here! Download -
http://www.hyperionics.com
* ANNOUNCE: TECHWR-L Annual Sponsorships Now Available
* ANNOUNCE: SnagIt and Camtasia Updates, Live Demos
* ANNOUNCE: Indexing Skills Workshop for Technical Communicators
* TOOLS: ForeHelp Premier 2001, including .mif Support

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

ANNOUNCE: GIVE A UNIQUE GIFT THIS YEAR!

Turn your home (or your parents' or grandparents' home) into a work of
art! Send a photo to me, and I'll create a pen & ink rendering suitable
for framing. It comes to you matted and shrinkwrapped. Image size is
approximately 9 x 14 on acid-free paper that measures approx. 20 x 25.
Offering a special 10% discount to this list. Reg. price: $250 + $15 S&H.
Samples available at:
http://www.abacus-es.com/foreman. Place orders through email (letting me
know you are from this list) -- foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com --and I'll give
you the address where to send the photo and the fax for your credit card
#. Photos may be emailed as an attachment. Please no Polaroid. We request
50% down and the balance when artwork is sent. Framing and scanning at
extra cost.

11/27/00-12/4/00

ANNOUNCE: HyperSnap-DX 4 is here! Download from http://www.hyperionics.com

*** Capture and edit images in one simply yet powerful package. ***
HyperSnap-DX 4 is here! Download from:
http://www.hyperionics.com
MAJOR UPDATE! HyperSnap-DX 4 is a screen capture tool for Windows.
Captures screens from standard desktop programs and hard-to-grab
DirectX/Direct3D, 3Dfx Voodoo and Glide mode games. HyperSnap-DX 4 even
snags frames from many DVD players and other video software.

The program can auto-scroll and concurrently capture long web pages and
other documents, enabling it to grab more than is visible on the screen.
The program integrates with the Windows clipboard, and has new painting
and editing features, too.

Version 4.x contains many new or improved features requested by our users.
These include improved handling of 3dfx 32 bit color mode screens, a
completely new set of color and image manipulation tools, improved
printing, tight integration with the Windows system tray, new painting
tools added to the button palette, the ability to set the Windows
wallpaper, "send by e-mail" feature within the program that lets you send
captures across the Internet, and a comprehensive help system that
provides context-sensitive "pop-up" help for virtually every aspect of the
program.
Download and try for free: http://www.hyperionics.com

11/20/00-11/27/00

ANNOUNCE: TECHWR-L Annual Sponsorships Now Available

Companies, organizations, or groups who support or benefit
from the technical communication community can now help
promote further development of TECHWR-L resources.

In developing TECHWR-L, we chose not to use paid
subscription or fee-based models but, instead, chose to
develop the TECHWR-L list, Web site, and variety of services as
free resources to the community as a whole. We would like to
continue making TECHWR-L and its variety of services available
at no cost to the technical writing community because we think
they meet a significant information need. In short, we think
providing these services for free is simply the right thing to do.

Your company's sponsorship will help us continue to maintain
and develop the TECHWR-L community, which includes acquiring new
original content and developing new features, services, and
materials that meet the changing needs of the technical writing
community.

Where to start?
First, for more information, see
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/sponsorships.html
Second, tell your boss, supervisor, or company president just how
important TECHWR-L is to you, and suggest that their support would
be invaluable in helping further develop these resources.
Finally, after your company has agreed, contact Eric
(ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) to set up the sponsorship and to arrange for
your "Thank you" dinner.

11/12/00-11/19/00

ANNOUNCE: SnagIt and Camtasia Updates, Live Demos

TechSmith's SnagIt and Camtasia software give you the power to
capture and edit anything you see on your PC screen, plus your
narration, and present it to anyone, anywhere, live! Look for us
at COMDEX, in Las Vegas, November 13-18. We'll be in the
Microsoft Partner Pavillion, Windows Media Technology Section!

Visit our web site to learn more and download FREE trial versions
of SnagIt and Camtasia. http://www.techsmith.com/twr

10/1/00-12/31/00

ANNOUNCE: Indexing Skills Workshop for Technical Communicators
presented by Lori Lathrop

Date: Friday, January 19, 2001
Location: Hyatt Regency Tampa, Two Tampa City Center,
Tampa, FL 33602

"An index is as important to your documentation as your
documentation is to the product." (Lori Lathrop)

This one-day workshop is for writers and editors who need
to create usable indexes for either printed or online documents.

Continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack are included
with your registration fee. Early-bird registration (prior to 12/28/99)
- $269.00 / Late registration - $299.00.

To request a brochure for this workshop or to find out about
Lori's other upcoming workshops, contact LoriLathrop -at- compuserve -dot- com
(http://idt.net/~lathro19) or call 704-531-0021.

11/6/00-12/23/00

TOOLS: ForeHelp Premier 2001, including .mif Support

Try ForeHelp Premier 2001's Help-authoring tool set, including ForeHelp 5
and ForeHTML Pro 5. It's easy to learn, easy to use, doesn't depend
on MS Word(tm), offers FrameMaker(tm) .mif import capabilities and
reduces development time and hassles with its WYSIWYG, single-source
authoring environment.

If you're unsure, try ForeHelp's quick-start program to complete your
next online project, and you'll be hooked. Just download a ForeHelp
demo from http://www.forehelp.com; use the demo software to create
up to 20 topics per project; order a copy of ForeHelp, which comes
with free support; complete your project quickly and easily.
Existing project files (.mif, .rtf and other Help files) can be
opened in ForeHelp with ease, reliability and confidence.

Plus, ForeHelp provides the best value per dollar spent, comes with
a 30-day, no-questions-asked money-back guarantee and has
received user and industry recognition for ease of use, elegance and
dependability.

So, no matter how complex your Help projects are, ForeHelp can
help.

If you've got .mif, we've got the Help-authoring tool for you.
Don't fall behind when it comes to learning and developing
professional-looking, best-of-breed Help. Contact
mailto:sales -at- ff -dot- com for pricing and special upgrade
incentives.

10/12/00-11/30/00

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 4900 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, is now available and can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 4900+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Eric
(ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/postad.html.