Re: Is Word Formatting in End-User docs important? [was:Word Help (problem solved)]

Subject: Re: Is Word Formatting in End-User docs important? [was:Word Help (problem solved)]
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:55:41 -0800

I think I am saying something very close to you. My point is that, in my
company, I pay you for every minute you are in the doc. I don't care if it
is pretty or not, I care that instead of automatically creating the TOC, you
are doing it by hand, for example. And then you have to print the entire doc
to make sure that you added everything. By hand. Guess which takes longer?
Longer means I pay you more. I don't like that. The client doesn't like
that.

Time is money when you are an outsourcing company. If it takes you 1.5 as
long to add text to the doc because the doc is badly managed, I and the
client don't like that. That is my point. The result may look fine when we
PDF, but it is an expensive document to do anything to. It doesn't matter if
the client sees the source docs or not.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org