Re: Nice toy for a whirler

Subject: Re: Nice toy for a whirler
From: "Simon North" <north -at- synopsys -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:21:51 +0100

Two monitors are nice, but two computers (or more) is nicer!

On the left of my desk I have a Dell Latitude monitor with a 19"
flexscan monitor. On the right of my desk I have a Pentium III
desktop machine (256 MB RAM, DVD player, CD writer) with a 19"
Trinitron monitor.

I run applications on a remote machine using Exceed (protects my
system from the usual alpha and beta software crashes), and
screen dump to shared disk space on either machine (I mapped
the drives to make it easier).

As for home ... well I take the laptop with me of course .... but it's
better not to get into our home setup (4 desktops PC's in the "living
room" [3 Win98, one Win2K], 1 PC in the bedroom -- don't ask!, a
Sun Workstation in the attic, a DEC PDP 11/44 and a Mac in the
garage, and 2 more laptops for general use).

Simon North.