RE: table of contents

Subject: RE: table of contents
From: Doug Grossman <Doug -dot- Grossman -at- sas -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:42:50 -0500

A standard that I've seen used in more than one organization is to only go three heading levels (the chapter or section title, plus two lower-level headings) down on the Table of Contents. I like the idea of tables and/or figures being listed in separate entitities (i.e., "List of Tables" and/or "List of Figures), and a general rule of thumb I use with those is that I only generate them if there are a dozen or more of those items.

These aren't exactly standards, per se, but they seem to work.......