RE: Do you PDF at ver 3 or ver 4?

Subject: RE: Do you PDF at ver 3 or ver 4?
From: Paul Hanson <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:25:17 -0600

I would say, "Test the new features of an upgrade on your side to find
how you can best use the new features and find work-arounds for any
limitations you encounter." Upgrading just to be 'current' does not
always make sense. For example, I am not upgrading to RH version 9.1 b/c
I only create .hlp files and, to my knowledge, there are no noticeable
WinHelp enhancements. RH2K suits me fine.

Conversely, when the version of RH came out that supported secondary
windows in WinHelp 2K view, I upgraded the same day it arrived.

If you are going to use the new features, require an upgrade. If you are
not going to use the new features, don't require it.

Paul