RE: clarification needed

Subject: RE: clarification needed
From: "Miller, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Miller -at- Anheuser-Busch -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:32:02 -0600

I would hate to think that I am fighting against a "language" evolution along
the lines of the French language purists, but trully it is the sloppiness of
thought that seems to be demonstrated in sloppy language that causes me the most
concern.

Sloppy (empty?) thinking (like Orwell's "Newspeak") reflects the thought
process. When the thought process is compromised on what can we rely? If we
take this line of thinking to it's extreme we may be seeing a reduction in our
ability to resolve problems. If we can't "think through a problem" and,
therefore, can't communicate it effectively, then conflict surely follows
because confusion will reign.

Sigh, I'm waxing philosophical in St. Louis today. It must be the weather.

Lisa A. Miller
Technical ! Writer
Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
Packaging Team - Corporate Engineering
mailto:lisa -dot- miller -at- anheuser-busch -dot- com
(314) 865-8904

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-- Benjamin Franklin