RE: Content Complete

Subject: RE: Content Complete
From: Pam Mandel <pmandel -at- nimble -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 17:08:10 -0800

From: Susan W. Gallagher [mailto:sgallagher -at- kinzan -dot- com]
<>Start with the conceptual stuff. Gradually start documenting
the procedures that are relatively stable. Leave the areas of
the program that are in a state of flux until last.</>

I read an Andrew mail a few weeks back that advocated this approach. The
writers are trying as hard as they can to find SOMETHING solid enough to dig
in to, but it's really squirrelly, this thing, still. I'm pushing for
conceptual content, as much as possible. We have no intention of waiting
until code complete to start writing, that would be, well, insane. The UI
freeze is set for some time well before code complete, so I suppose we're
all right there. It's good to get some validation of the approach we're
using.
I spend a lot of time fretting about the possibility of us being squashed up
against a deadline, tired, crabby, and fed only on pizza for weeks at a
time.

Pam