User feedback

Subject: User feedback
From: Doug Grossman <Doug -dot- Grossman -at- sas -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:38:26 -0500

We are helping to design a "customer satisfaction survey" to give to clients for completion during our project close-out phase. Those of us on the documentation team really do work hard to generate good documents for our "internal clients" (the project managers), and they are very happy with the output. We want to make sure that the external customers are just as happy with that very same output, but we realize that their focus is totally different from that of the internal project managers, and therefore require different questions to be asked of them in order for us to be able to gather good qualitative metrics on our work.

Any help on what might be good questions to ask our clients regarding our documentation's quality, readability, and usefulness would be appreciated (especially if they are phrased in such a way that will lead our clients to rave about our work and extoll our many virtues @:-<)> ).

Thanks,
Doug Grossman
Technical Writer, Technical Documentation Team, Shared Services Group
SAS Institute, Rockville, MD
Doug -dot- Grossman -at- SAS -dot- com
Phone: 301.881.8840 x3425; Pager: 888.910.1759
SAS... The Power to Know (www.sas.com)