Re: Hiring practices WAS: RE: FW: New TECHWR-L Poll Quest

Subject: Re: Hiring practices WAS: RE: FW: New TECHWR-L Poll Quest
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:30:29 +0000

Dan Hall wrote:

> Also, teamwork is really important here, as every technical writer works
> closely with an interaction designer. In fact, teams do all the work
> together. That makes the "team fit" fairly important.

Maybe I should add that my comments weren't directed towards the part of
your post about getting to know the people you're working with. I've
always found it an excellent idea to have the rest of the team meet the
job candidate, no matter which side of the interview table I'm sitting
on. What I should have said in my original post is that there are other
ways to meet the team.

However, I'm glad that the risk paid off for you with a dream job.

--
Bruce Byfield bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com