Re: FrameMaker Auto number and ToC

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Auto number and ToC
From: hedley_finger -at- myob -dot- com -dot- au
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:19:17 +1000

Archimede:

> Can I have the autonumbered items in my document show up in the table of
> contents (generated)?
>
> My first several attempts failed. Somehow I have to get the ToC to see
the
> series (autonumbering). Can this be done?

Another respondent was incorrect in saying that if an autonumbered para in
the body of chapter is selected for inclusion in the ToC then its
autonumber is included in the generated output. In fact, you have to
SPECIFY that this is to be included.

Go to the ToC reference page in the my_bookTOC.fm file. There you will see
a number of output builders such as

<$paratext> <$pagenum>

which build up the contents of each ToC entry.

You have to add something like this to get your autonumbers:

<$paranum>\t<$paratext>\t<$pagenum> // where \t = Tab character.

> And Can I generate a list in the same way? I want to generated the list
and
> then import that generated LOP to a layout on an illustration of expld
> views.

Errr ... what are you trying to say? A little more detail, please.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor