RE: Problems Converting Frame Doc to PDF

Subject: RE: Problems Converting Frame Doc to PDF
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:22:17 -0500

Sure:

It sounds like you are using the wrong printer to create the PDF. You need
to use the Adobe Distiller printer, set it as the default. Create the Adobe
Distiller printer by downloading and unzipping the PPDs for Adobe from
adobe.com (Acrobat ver 3), you need adistill.ppd, or locating the Distiller
4 PPD on the FrameMaker 6 CD-ROM (in \Extras\PPDs), called adist4.ppd, or
something like that. Next, from adobe.com download and install the latest
Adobe PostScript driver for your operating system. When prompted, choose the
PPD file you unzipped or found earlier and be sure to set the printer to
print to file . . ..
Cheers,
Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com