Jumping Text( In MS Word Headers)

Subject: Jumping Text( In MS Word Headers)
From: "David Harrison" <david -at- pmssystems -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:31:45 -0000

Hi Guys

Can't find an answer to this in archives so I thought it time to ask the
group.

HISTORY
My document (in MS Word) is formatted with simple access devices that uses a
table in the header with Manual title on the inside of the page and section
and topic heading on the outside (uses Style ref and bookmark fields).
Next, I put two Rounded rectangles behind the text in the headers. This
gives a white box/black border behind the manual title, and a black box
(inverse characters) behind the section and topic heading. It's been fine
for the last eighteen months and the boss here likes the appearance.

PROBLEM
Now we've gone over to Word 2000 and the same effect causes the header text
to go out of alignment and move itself (at random) to the top of the Header
box.
This even happens if you create a new Word doc, put a table in the header
with text in each side, and then use Word Draw to put a coloured box behind
it - text moves as you bring the shape into the text area.

I know that one solution is to resort to Shade controls but this will reduce
it to square sided boxes and look like a coloured table - I like my rounded
rectangle shapes.

So any ideas - has anyone else come across this problem and solved it?

Cheers

David Harrison