RE: frame book to .pdf

Subject: RE: frame book to .pdf
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:06:38 -0500

Hallo:

Which version of FrameMaker?

Which version of Distiller?

Which version of the Adobe PS printer driver?

In short, make sure you download the latest Adobe PS driver for your
operating system from Adobe.com's support, downloads area. When you install
this driver, you'll be prompted for a PPD. You need the distiller PPD. For
Acrobat 3, the distiller PPD can be gotten from a self-extracting zip from
the same downloads area. For Acrobat 4, the PPD is on the FrameMaker 6 CD
(and, I imagine, the Acrobat 4 CD). With this combination, collectively the
Distiller printer set as the default, you can open your *.book and Save as
PDF or use Print to print a PS/PRN file that you can later open with Adobe
Distiller.

Cheers, good luck with the wrist, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com