Proposal submissions

Subject: Proposal submissions
From: "Herman Holtz" <h -dot- holtz -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 16:20:25 -0500

Despite many federal agencies' requesting that you download the RFP from
the Web site and respond electronically, it seems that many still wat bound,
printed copies for their conventional filing cabinets. It will probably take

a long time before the bureaucrats accept modern technology completely.

On the other hand, I recall how often I wrote manuals that DoD neither
wanted nor had practical use for, but insisted they had to have copies in
their file cabinets because the IGs. (inspector general) would come by, from
time to time, and demand to see what the agency got for their money--i.e.,
some proof that they had gotten delivery of something. - Herm