Re: anyone else in the same boat?

Subject: Re: anyone else in the same boat?
From: Christine -dot- Anameier -at- seagate -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 15:44:49 -0600

Bruce pointed out:
Andrew was talking about contract work. If you've tried to make
helpful suggestions, and the client ignores them, you're still under
contract to finish them. Aside from the legal position, walking away
from a contract because you couldn't do things your way does nothing
for your rep - and contractors survive by their rep.

Of course, if you decided not to work for the same company again,
you'd be perfectly justified.

Just to clarify... so far the contract work I've done has been of the "1
year contract, on site, probably renewable until whenever, to work on
whatever projects happen to be going on during that time"--i.e., almost a
regular employee, except the company would rather pay more money than make
a commitment. So when I talk about walking away, I mean leaving after 6 or
9 months, having wrapped up some projects... not leaving them in the lurch
with a specific project I contracted to complete.

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.