Re: Post-holiday reality: They don't need our stinkin' manuals??

Subject: Re: Post-holiday reality: They don't need our stinkin' manuals??
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:10:41 -0800 (PST)

What did you find lacking? You operate the camera from the outside.
The instructions were there. You load the film from the inside. The
instructions were there. Seems they covered the instruction end
pretty well, if you ask me.

Instructions aren't to titillate anyone. They are to instruct you and
it seems they did it quite well.

> I began to think about how thoughtful they were to include a
> picture about operating the camera, but not to include a diagram on
> how to load the film. Then I opened the bottom cover of the camera
> where I thought the film would be placed. I was greatly surprised
> to see another diagram on the inside of the cover showing how to
> put the film in.
>
> I'm just amazed that in the whole box, there are no written
> instructions anywhere, but I guess it saves on translation costs.
> At a cost of $14 for a cartridge of 10 photos, you'd figure they
> could include something more to titillate me.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"How to be happy in life: Never impose your beliefs
on anyone else and never fry bacon in the nude."
-- Anon

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.