Re: minimum level of product knowledge

Subject: Re: minimum level of product knowledge
From: Sybille Sterk <sybille -at- wowfabgroovy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 15:19:52 +0000

Bill wrote:

You have a wide variety of users and a wide variety of
products, from toothbrushes and hand soap to
semiconductors and nuclear reactors. Likewise, you
have people ranging from high school dropouts to
multi-PhD grads using all of these things.
I don't think we could
ever settle on a set blanket minimum requirement.

I agree, but maybe we could say that a writer needs to be prepared to research any topic he is writing about to any degree necessary to adequately describe the product to his audience. He should also try to find out who is audience is before he starts writing to ensure that he uses the right "language" , style and layout.

Sybille Sterk
Email: sybille -at- wowfabgroovy -dot- net
Web Site:
"This writing business. Pencils and what-not.
Over-rated, if you ask me. Silly stuff. Nothing in it." -- Eeyore

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area. or toll-free 877/278-2131.