RE: Bad Page Design (was: Cursors! Foiled again)

Subject: RE: Bad Page Design (was: Cursors! Foiled again)
From: "DeGuzman, Kathi" <Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- Nextel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:29:03 -0500

I rarely take sides with Andrew (although I always read his commentaries)
but
in this instance, I have to agree.
What is wrong with the site anyway? I thought it was pretty. It came down
for me in seconds. Did not spend much time there but I wanted to see what
the "ruckus" was about.

When opinions are not asked for, I believe that if you are going to give
them anyway, do so nicely. Wouldn't you rather read "I did not like the page
design for this site because...." rather than "This is terrible..." if it
were your company's site (which I am not sure it was the original poster's
site, but that person obviously like the product.)

Sometimes I think people on this list get harsh just for the sake of it. Not
taking the time to think about how your post is going to read (especially by
someone who doesn't
know you.)

Well, no one asked for my opinion, but I tried to be nice.

Kathi Jan DeGuzman
Senior Technical Writer
Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- nextel -dot- com <mailto:Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- nextel -dot- com>
When I hear somebody sigh that "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask,
"Compared to what?" ~ Sidney J. Harris
<http://www.cybernation.com/victory/quotations/authors/quotes_harris_sidneyj
.html>

-

A) As I recall the original poster never asked for people to critique her
company's site.

B) Who the hell uses a 28.8 modem anymore and why would any B2B site want to
target such low-end slobs? Its like Netscape 3.0 users. Sheesh, upgrade
already.

C) For every design "rule" of web pages there is an equal and fundamentally
opposite "rule". In other words, there are few if any rules. It is pretty
much
all a matter of personal taste.

Andrew Plato