RE: Cursors! Foiled again.

Subject: RE: Cursors! Foiled again.
From: Christine -dot- Anameier -at- seagate -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:22:47 -0600

Sean Brierley wrote: "Are many of us spending time editing and fussing with
screen captures this
way?"

I do. Sometimes I add callouts, sometimes I want the mouse pointer in a
specific place, sometimes I want to clean up potentially confusing screen
elements (e.g., the wrong item is selected, or an SME sent me their screen
capture with their Microsoft Office quickstart toolbar showing at the top
of the screen) and for some reason it's not convenient to grab another
screen capture.

But my #1 reason for fussing with screen captures is to crop them. Often
you don't need the whole window or the whole screen, and trimming it down
to essentials makes it clearer (and also lets you display the relevant part
at a higher magnification).

Christine Anameier