Re: instructions

Subject: Re: instructions
From: "Clayton Bennett" <cjbennett -at- qwest -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 14:47:45 -0600

Michele Davis wrote:

> I find all this fascinating. I was thinking about men, who, during my
generation and before were routinely not allowed to cook, and are fairly
(the many I know) incompetent in the kitchen. What are we doing wrong as
writers?

Nothing. Writing does not discriminate. Writers can and do, of course, but
the most exclusive are the marketers. They make decisions based not on who
will use the product, but who will buy it. (Individual consumer purchases by
women make up the single largest segment of the U.S. GDP.)

As for motivation and competency, my wife often tells people that my
homemade popovers and clam chowder, not my charm, won her heart. While that
wasn't the main reason I learned to cook, it certainly worked out well.

-- Clayton Bennett
cjbennett -at- qwest -dot- net