RE: instructions begin again

Subject: RE: instructions begin again
From: "Wally Glassett" <wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:33:13 -0800

WAY OT, but I've been cooking since I was a kid (wanted to be a chemist
then, too) and am now in my 50's. Still love to cook, and do most of it in
our household because I enjoy it. However, a kitchen is one of the most
dangerous places in a house, if not the most dangerous. Kitchens are
typically warm, friendly and inviting due to the pleasures of food and the
gatherings of family. But, there are so many ways to hurt yourself if you
don't know what's what with all the gadgets. In a workshop, by comparison,
most power tools have separate keys, and other sharp/dangerous things are
usually locked up. IMO, kids should be encouraged to cook food and
participate, but that must be done slowly and with a lot of supervision.

Of course, then there are all the quasi-mythical microwave stories, like the
one where the owner put their freshly washed poodle in the microwave to dry

Wally Glassett
Tech Doc-It, Inc.
wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net <mailto:wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net>