Re: Click here

Subject: Re: Click here
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:39:18 -0600

I don't know that I'd call it archaic, but many designers consider it bad style... partly because it's wordier than necessary, and partly because your user is not necessarily clicking.

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK

>>> Tanya Owens <towens -at- chubb -dot- com> 01/04/01 01:40PM >>>
I am developing a web based training, and throughout the training I
advise the learner to "Click here" to access additional information. For
instance "Click here to go to the top of the page." "Click here to
access navigation tips." A co-worker claims that "Click here" is
archaic, that I should just say "Top" and "Navigation Tips." I disagree.
What are your thoughts?