Re: Need to learn Adobe Acrobat TODAY

Subject: Re: Need to learn Adobe Acrobat TODAY
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 19:53:38 +1000

For the benefit of anyone else who's having trouble downloading this product, after you click the Download link, FIRST you get a page where you choose the product to download and a site to download from, THEN you get to the page where you choose an operating system. Maybe I'm just slow today, but it took me awhile to work that out. I certainly think it's very poor site navigation design, especially given that the first page gives no indication that the product is designed for more than just Unix systems.

BTW, I tried the HTMLDOC product and was unimpressed with the results. It didn't do a good job with a typical simple 2-column table layout page, and couldn't find an external css file, so the resulting PDF was a bit garbled. I played around with the settings a bit, without getting any better results, but possibly I missed something. It might would work fine on a simple single-column HTML file with no external style sheet; I didn't test that.

Jean

At 11:34 AM 4/01/01 -0500, Sandy Harris wrote:

> >>Download htmldoc from www.easysw.com.
>
> This sounds wonderful. But when you go to their Website, it's UNIX only.

No. It may not be clear from the top page, but go to the download menus,
scroll about a bit in the select-an-OS list, and you'll find versions for
95, 98, ME, NT 4 and Win 2K.

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.