RE: HTML v .hlp [clarification]

Subject: RE: HTML v .hlp [clarification]
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 12:42:37 -0800

| Paul Hanson wrote:
| | The other thing I just realized I forgot to mention is that the
| | programming
| | software we are going to be converting to does not support HTML. In my
| | eagerness to rant, I forgot that fact.
| That doesn't make sense to me. If your application can call
| WinHelp, it can
| call HTML Help. The mechanisms are nearly identical.

Paul contacted me off-list about this. Just to set the record straight, Paul
is working with AS/400 tools which, in fact, do support WinHelp but don't
support HTML Help. Just goes to show: anything's possible!

David Knopf (mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com)
Knopf Online (
Tel: 415.550.8367

RoboHELP MVP & Certified RoboHELP Instructor
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer
Co-moderator, HATT & wwp-users