RE: Creating a list from Windows NT

Subject: RE: Creating a list from Windows NT
From: Megan Golding <mgolding -at- secureworks -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 17:28:17 -0500

(I just tried an old UNIX trick and voila -- it worked)

The short answer: "dir > files.txt"

The long answer: (with details)
1. open a DOS prompt
2. change into the directory ("cd <directory>")
3. type "dir > files.txt"
4. run Excel and open "files.txt"
5. muck around in the file to get rid of the extra stuff you don't want

Good luck!

Meg Golding