Re: Proposal writing

Subject: Re: Proposal writing
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 08:33:01 -0800 (PST)

> digital. In
> fact, at on time I was getting a steady stream of reports from a
> federal
> agency complaining about wiring of contracts and other practices
> regarded as violations of basic procurement principles. - Herm

Believe it or not...I don't find wiring as a violation if you give
everyone equal opportunity to try to comply. Is it wrong to want to
get exactly what works? If I have 2 billion dollars of CISCO HW, SW,
and Training, it is wrong to want 200 more CISCO routers instead of
"or similar"? Is it also my problem that your router does X and I
need X+1? Is it wrong for me to want a parts depot within 30 minutes
of each of my 45 international offices and if the incumbant has them
and you don't...

The problem is when you start putting required features that you
DON'T need, just because you favored vendor has them and their rival
doesn't. We've all seen specs that called for a cabinet to be a
specific color.

You know the joke that astronauts tell how they're going to the moon
on lowest bidder equipment. Don't you think that NASA has the spec
wiring process down cold and would you want it any other way?

There's nothing wrong with using the system.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"How to be happy in life: Never impose your beliefs
on anyone else and never fry bacon in the nude."
-- Anon

http://photos.yahoo.com/