Re: OT--"obvious" writing

Subject: Re: OT--"obvious" writing
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 11:04:00 -0800

Mike wrote:
> I recently had trouble setting a time to discuss a
> software program with one of the programmers on my
> team. After refusing to work with my flexible times,
> he said, "I don't see why we need to document what is
> obvious already."
> Has anyone else on this list ever run into someone
> that arrogant?

The last time I got this response, I said, "I know you don't see it.
That's why the company hired a writer." Then I turned on my heel and
walked away.

I never had any further trouble from the person who made the

Sometimes, the only way to silence arrogance is to pretend to be
arrogant yourself.

Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux
604.421.7177 bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com

"Her father came of tinker stock, baptized by flowing water,
Old Jack, he was disposed to roam and so his only daughter,
And me a lad of seventeen, I left my parent's home,
For Jenny Byrce, Jack the Rover's daughter."
-James Keelaghan, "Jenny Byrce"